Today it goes by the name of Palazzo Primavera (Spring Building) and it appears to be a recent construction. Instead, it happens to be a building project carried out on a a complex originally dating back to the 16th century which was realised after the demolition of the pre-existing oratory of the Suffragio used by the confraternity of the same name which hosted the "merchants". In 1548, the confraternity wanted to build a church dedicated to Santa Lucia, protector of merchants, that is to say the farmers and traders who operated in public fairs, on the site of the Oratory.
From the start, the church of Santa Lucia experienced complex events as it was often chosen as sleeping quarters for the invading troops passing through on their way to Rome, and the object of enormous damage every time. In 1620 it was assigned to the Jesuits who used the complex as a boarding school or school. It remained a school for centuries, first with the Jesuits, and then as the city grammar school, technical school, and evening school.
An event, the opening of the school run by the associates of the Compagnia di Gesù, which satisfied an old aspiration of the city of Terni. Already fifty years before the lettered Orazio Nucola from Terni, who lived in Rome, had interpreted this and had the opportunity, it seems, to talk about it with the founder of the company, Ignazio di Loyola. But it was necessary to sit and wait -replied Loyola- until the Company had a satisfactory number of members. In 1620 the Jesuits finally agreed and also thanks to a fair offer made by the Municipal together with the Monte di Pieta' and to the Confraternity of San Nicandro: three hundred scudi in addition to the wages due to the school teachers, plus the possibility of renting out the rooms of the college, which should have rendered another five hundred scudi. In 1624, therefore, after effectuating the necessary adaptation work, the college of Santa Lucia began to function regularly.
Years after the birth of the Regno d'Italia, (the Kingdom of Italy) relocated high school and college, the building hosted the Terni lawcourtsthat remained there from the 1920s for about forty years. Part of the building was occupied by the provincial administrative offices that turned it into the "Palazzo della Sanita'" (Public Health Office)
Left in a state of abandonment, during the 1970s and 1980s, it was occupied several times by young people who claimed it as venue for cultural and social purposes, raising a banner on the facade which summarised all their propositions and hopes and renaming it "Palazzo Primavera", a name officially assigned to it when, through a recent public and private building project, a part of the building became the property of the Municipal, which destined it as venue for conferences, meetings and exhibitions.