Montani Leoni Palace was built in 1584 and commissioned by Aurelio Fazioli, as detailed on the ancient architrave of the portal of the original façade in Via Ludovico Silvestri. Over the centuries, the building has undergone various modifications, some of considerable size, such as those that occurred in the second half of the nineteenth century following the opening of the "new road", Corso Cornelio Tacito. The restoration of the building in the nineteenth century led to its current appearance, with the beautiful façade by the architect Benedetto Faustini, in which you can distinguish the ashlar of the ground floor and the beautiful candelabras of the windows on the main floor, and the splendid internal halls made between 1887 and 1913. In the halls of the palace there are still some paintings dating back to the first structure, which date between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. The Cassa di Risparmio di Terni acquired the Montani Leoni Palace in 1877. Since 1992 the building has been home to the Carit Foundation, which houses the Historical Archive of the Monte di Pietà and the ancient Confraternities of Terni (1275-1861) and a rich art collection of paintings and sculptures dating from the fourteenth to the twenty-first century.